Oct 6, 2011

The shortest word is I



I...

(No. Wait!)

(Let's just pretend you didn't read that, ok? Look, I know I shouldn't have started my blog with a word like that, and I must seem awfully self-centered because I started this off by talking about myself.)

(It's just that I think I is one of the coolest words ever. It's so short and short words are awesome.)

(They're so easy to read!)

(I also find it hard to start with any other word, since, you know, I'm the one who's writing this and it's a good idea to begin any kind of writing by introducing the person who's talking.)

(Besides, I plan to keep these posts as short as possible, and it just occurred to me that I could make this first one ultrashort by deciding to use just one letter.)

(I mean, let's face it, you really can't get any shorter than that!)

(And while I'm at it, I'd also like to use the shortest of all letters, which in my opinion is the I. It has nothing but a line. Every other letter has at least two lines or the line that is used is bent into a weird shape (Just look at letters like J or C. You can't really expect anyone to take those letters seriously, can you?). Besides, those yogi-like shapes are nothing but letters. They're not words and they wouldn't make any sense by themselves.)

(Not like an I would.)

(Besides, I's a safe choice, because it's difficult to make spelling mistakes with a word like that.)

(So here it is.)

(My first blog post.)

(As short as possible:)

I

No comments:

Post a Comment