Feb 6, 2012

To be(come) or not to be(come), that is the question.

I have come to a conclusion that the meaning of life is to be happy, and that the way to happiness is to stop what you’re doing and realize that you don’t need anything more to be happy.

Happiness isn’t something that’s earned. It’s inside of us, waiting to be released and shared with the world.

As a human being this makes me smile, happily, but as a writer I’m confused.

For me, change is at the heart of storytelling and in order to show change we need to write about people who are not happy with what they have and want something else.

In a way, I find this story structure crooked, because I no longer believe that we need to become something better to feel better. This is the story that fuels our economy, but it’s not what fuels our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment