Oct 7, 2011

You'll be iMissed

I must admit that I'm not a fan of Apple products. It doesn't, however, prevent me from admiring Steve Jobs as a leader and an innovator. His passing was premature and it was a sad day for anyone who believes in the power of dreams and original thinking. He was one of the great entrepreneurs of his generation and left a legacy that will continue to inspire many of us.

Personally, I tend to read this quote from him every time I'm feeling doubtful about my future as an author:

“Believe that things will work out. Follow your intuition and curiosity. Trust your heart even when it leads you off the well-worn path. You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

I never met him, but I feel that I knew his spirit. I suppose everyone who's considered a little crazy or weird by others feels that way about him. He never shied away from being different and inspired others to do the same. And for that, I will always honor him.

Thanks Steve, have fun wherever you are and know that you'll be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment